We Need More Women to Go Vote
During the holidays, a lot of pressure is put on women to host holiday parties, buy gifts for the family, attend school performances, carry on family traditions, and provide a memorable holiday season their family can look back on as the best memories ever. Last night I had the wonderful opportunity to speak with some District 1 moms, who took a break from their busy schedules to talk about what is at stake for women this election season. These women were not only mothers, but professionals in the community and leaders. An older gentleman came by the table and asked, “Where are your husbands?” We all looked at each other and thought he was joking. We replied, “We are discussing the future of our district because early voting is going on.” He then, looked shocked and scurried to the door.
Some of the important reasons we came up with for women to go vote and get involved are below:
• We are the ones that use the public library to have playdates or have access to online books.
• We are the ones that advocate for things like a Children’s Museum.
• We are the ones that use our parks for affordable outdoor play and exercise.
• We are the ones that call the city when we find a lost animal.
• We are the ones that attend city sponsored events.
• We are the ones that pay our taxes.
• We are the ones that need to vote!
So this holiday season, we please ask, while you are at the mall holiday shopping, please take 3 minutes of your time to vote, and visit the Sun City Kitty for a little holiday therapy.